should be a scrap report available in the
- The report may have to be compiled from two
reports, as is usually the case.
into the system that generate the report:
to Get the Report:
- Scrap pieces per operation
should be input into the system.
- Also the reason the parts are being
report should look something like this:
- No report like this in the system?
That's ok. We can make one.
- Download the amount scrapped report in Excel.
- Then download the reason report into Excel.
- Then paste and sort these reports together.
- You won't need all the parts in the report,
just the big problems.
system should cost the part at its value at the point it was scrapped.
As a part moves from one operation to the next, the value
increases as additional material is added to it.
Of course, the
above report would more than likely be much larger.
the report according to the dollar amount lost and spend my time on the
top 10 worst.
Find out what
happened and make notes on the
report, then give to management.